Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Will Work For Travel

I admit that I am one of those tourists/travelers who will work just to travel the entire world. Once you have enough money to go somewhere you always wanted, every cent that you spend is the evidence of every ounce of your hard work. It is indeed a great feeling.

I worked for a bank for exactly one year and for the first time, I was able to save a lot of money. Last November 2013, Tina and I went to Hong Kong to see other places which tour groups wouldn't usually go to. Of course, we also went there to shop clothes (well, we're girls aren't we?) and eat legitimate HK noodles! It was really a good experience.

Here are my insights and maybe signs that you are really really really willing to work for travel

1. When you receive your salary, 75% or 80% of it will be used for travel


No matter how much money you get from your employer, more than half of it will be set aside for travel. It doesn't matter if you get hungry for 15 days as long as you are prepared for your target trip.


2. OT for you is really OK

    You just simply need an extra hour to work to have an extra money.

3. You will do any sidelines or "raket"

Selling your barely used clothes or even your whole closet just to have pocket money for your trip.
Plucking your parents' you-know-what on their armpits is also considered.


4. YOU WILL DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!
 
You really don't care if you have a boss that's terror as people would refer to as long you get paid for your patience and hard work.

5. WHEN THE DAY HAS COME

The greatest feeling is when you use and spend your money for travel. All those restless nights, unlimited screaming and cursing of your boss, and "HUNGER games" for months finally cease to exist. The day has come and you are too excited to sleep! All of it - it's going to be all worth it.




FACT:
It's truly from my own experience! I want to prove to myself that I can stand on my own even just for 3 to 5 days. Well, at least I tried. And now, I'm working my ass to travel in Malaysia and Singapore with my friends this July!!!!!!




Are you willing to work for travel? What will you do? 
 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature