Sunday, September 21, 2014

Philippines: Davao | Kadayawan Festival



The intense heat in Davao didn't stop us from having fun. It was really hot but I couldn't care less. Since this is actually my first time to witness and experience such a superb festival, I had to enjoy each and every second of that day.  When we were walking on the way to Roxas Street, we were already hearing the drums playing. We followed where the beats were coming from, and I can't help myself but smile because I am overjoyed. I was running everywhere while putting myself together. I am literally going crazy about anything and everything I see. Parang hashtagthisistoomuchtoohandle. Kulang na lang umiyak ako sa sobrang tuwa. HAHAHA! Even though I forgot to put sunblock on my skin - knowing that I got  darker 100x than my usual skin tone, I perspired like crazy, it didn't bother me at all! HALA SIGE SAYAW. Good times, good laugh. 

The Kadayawan festival is an annual event in Davao City, which is a week-long celebration. It is about the appreciation of nature and thanksgiving of life. The festival only happens every 3rd week of August, so you better book your tickets before August 1. Filipinos and Foreigners from different places in the Philippines  and outside the country go here just to experience and savour the festive vibe in Davao. They have series of main events like, street dance competition (Indak indak sa kadalanan ) and Floral Parade (Pamulak). 


The street dance competition starts from Roxas street all the way to the City Hall of Davao City. They were all judged in accordance to their choreography, the story behind their dance, and of course their props and costumes. These performers were all worth to watch because they gave their 101% performance level. They also wear flashy and stunning costumes that really represent the story of their dance. They are very artistic when it comes to props, which is exceptionally impressive. Each group has a unique story to tell about nature and everything about it. 


Of course, the festival would not be completed if there was no  Floral Parade (Pamulak). This is also a parade for the different fruits that are best known in Davao like Durian, Pomelo, Mangoosten, Marang, and Lanzones. There was also the parade of different mascots of the Philippine Eagle. It was a colourful and viscous parade in the city of Davao.




These are the only pictures I have, since I was too busy taking videos. HAHA! 







THANK YOU VON AND RACHEL FOR TAGGING ALONG WITH MY CRAZINESS DURING THE KADAYAWAN FESTIVAL. ALSO, TO MY COUSINS WHO WOKE UP EARLY JUST TO SEE ME AND HAD LUNCH WITH ME BEFORE I WENT BACK TO MANILA! THANK YOU THANK YOU!





Durian drink & Red Velvet Cake
This wraps up my Kadayawan Festival trip!
THIS DURIAN ARCTIC BLAST IS A MUST TRY! You can find this at Blurge Cafe in Abreeza Mall and Gaisano Mall.Their beverages, cakes, and pastas are kind of expensive, but it is all worth it! Also, try the Durian Cheesecake! 


Daghang Salamat







Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature