Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Rainbow Bridge


P R A D A



July 1, 2019

It was one rainy day when Prada gave birth to six beautiful puppies. Five puppies were joyfully welcomed on Earth but sadly, one puppy went to heaven too soon. It was a sad day for us, and I know that it was sad for Prada too. I told her that her daughter has crossed the rainbow bridge. She just looked at me with sad eyes and discomfort, then she looked away and sighed. I called her again "Baby Prada, kunin muna namin babies mo ah. Pagaling ka baby ko. I love you" She just looked at me again, like telling me she wanted to come with me. I said good bye to her with a sad smile, not having the slightest idea it was gonna be the last.

July 2, 2019

It was yet again another rainy morning. I woke up to my mom opening the door. She told me with a soft voice, "Nika...si Prada wala na. Puntahan mo". I was shocked and horrified. I asked my mom to repeat what she just said. I curled myself like a baby and cried my heart out. So many things about her flashed back through my mind those memories gave me more reasons to cry harder and feel so much pain. I could not think straight, all I was thinking of was that I needed to see her asap. My mom and I went to the vet to see her. While I was climbing the stairs, I was barely breathing because I do not want to see her lying there cold and lifeless. I held her paw, rubbing my thumb against hers, crying and telling her that she has 5 puppies waiting for her. The vet was telling us something about what happened, and I found myself just nodding while crying and looking at Prada. I still could not believe that she was really gone, gone forever. Though her eyes were a little open, it was flat. There was no life. Dead. It was really heartbreaking. So painful. She was my daughter. I lost my daughter.


Losing a pet is hard and heartbreaking especially when you treat your pet as your own daughter/son. The pain is incomparable to anything. It's indescribable. Four beautiful years with Prada was a very short time. We could have done a lot more things: more long drives, beach visits, chickens to chase, and baseboards to wreck and chew. You will be forever in my heart. Our home feels empty without you.



Prada, anak. I miss you so much. I will miss everything about you.

I will miss your eyes, the way it shines when you see us. I will miss scratching your belly and back, and the shy kisses you give me. I will miss how you run around the house when you are too excited, and bumping anything on your way - you actually broke a 3 feet jar at home. Haha. I will miss how you shake nervously every time you ride the car, but oddly enough, you still somehow love long rides going to Pangasinan. You just fart along the way and let me just remind you that it stinks so bad! I will miss seeing you at home, especially at the laundry area - your hangout place with Rover and Chedeng during the afternoon. I will miss you everyday anak. I love you, Prada. Run free. I will see you soon. Kisses my darling Prada. :(





2 comments on "Rainbow Bridge"
  1. The worst feeling. :( I feel your pain. Prada is watching over you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature